Helpful tips for submitting an application
CMI encourages all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible, as it can take several weeks for all of the paperwork to be processed. Prior to April 1st is ideal, as the application fee increases after that date. All applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
STEP 1: APPLY ONLINE: Past applicants have found it helpful to create a Word or Google doc to write in paragraph essay form the answers to the following questions. Applicants can use the copy-cut-and-paste to submit answers online when prompted.
- Why do you want to take this training course?
- What are your interests and skills? What specific qualifications do you bring to this work?
- Describe your experiences with children. Do you have any experience with children from birth to three years old, if so please explain.
- How do you intend to use your Montessori training? How will your training further your professional goals?
STEP 2: SUBMITTING PAPERWORK: Once you have completed the online application you will need to submit the following:
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- Three signed letters of reference written with in the last three years. One must be a professional reference, while the other two maybe either professional, personal or academic. Please use the “Recommendation Form” linked below.
- Official transcripts from all post High School institutions. These are a necessary requirement of the American Montessori Society (AMS). Upon successful completion of Cambridge Montessori Institute Teacher Education Program, CMI will submit these transcripts along with a letter of recommendation to be certified. If transcripts are being sent with a candidate’s maiden name, please notify CMI. When requesting original transcripts, they should be sent to Administrative Coordinator, Cambridge Montessori Institute, 161 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. If sent electronically send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Native Speakers of English are required to submit a TOEFL score greater that 550. If an applicant has other evidence of his or her English speaking skills, he or she may request in writing a waiver.
- Two photos–optional
**To help with the processing of your submissions, please use the following format in the subject line of your emails (Last name, First Name, topic of the email) for example: Wood, Amy–Resume attached.**
We encourage all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible.
Once all required documents have been received, the application will be reviewed by the CMI Administrative Coordinator and CMI Program Director. You will be contacted by phone or email to arrange for a personal interview at CMI. Applicants will then receive a letter from CMI stating whether or not they have been accepted into the program. Upon acceptance, a candidate reserves a place in the course with a non-refundable tuition deposit fee of $500.
We are looking forward to helping you become a certified Montessori educator.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact CMI at 617.492.3410 ext. 126 or email the Administrative Coordinator, Amy at email@example.com
Candidates should use this Recommendation Form.
Please note there is a $100.00 non-refundable application fee. After May 1st, it increases to $200. Applications are not considered complete until the fee and paperwork outline above are received.