Apply now for 2020-2021
Montessori Infant and Toddler Teacher Education Program
The first three years of life serve as a critical foundation for development. Cambridge Montessori Institute’s Infant and Toddler teacher education program provides comprehensive learning in Montessori philosophy and practice, child development, pedagogy, environmental design, program leadership, personal growth and development and observation to give teachers the knowledge, skills and confidence they will need to support infants, toddlers, and their families in a prepared classroom environment.
Core course components: Montessori Philosophy, Montessori Pedagogy, Environmental Design, and Child, Family, and Community
Foundational course components: Observation, Personal Growth & Development, Program Leadership
Other course components: Child Development
2020-2021 Course Dates
03/25/20~Update: Course instruction for Cambridge Montessori Institute is held within classrooms of Cambridge Montessori School (CMS). Due to COVID-19, CMS is currently closed through Monday, April 6th. With advice from numerous sources, the Head of School, Dr. Ingrid Tucker, will determine when our school community, including CMI will reopen.
As of today, Cambridge Montessori Institute course instruction is scheduled to begin on June 22, 2020. Even though we remain optimistic to start on June 22nd, we are in the process of developing plans, should a new start date be necessary.
For more information on COVID-19, please click on the link below.
Summer Session I: June 22, 2020 – July 24, 2020
Seminar I: November 6-8, 2020
Seminar II: April 9-11, 2021
SummerII: June 14-June 18, 2021
Helpful tips for submitting an application
CMI encourages all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible, as it can take several weeks for all of the paperwork to be processed. Prior to April 1st is ideal, as the application fee increases after that date. All applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
STEP 1: APPLY ONLINE: Past applicants have found it helpful to create a Word or Google doc to write in paragraph essay form the answers to the following questions. Applicants can use the copy-cut-and-paste to submit answers online when prompted.
- Why do you want to take this training course?
- What are your interest and skills? What specific qualifications do you bring to this work?
- Describe your experiences with children. Do you have any experience with children from birth to three years old, if so please explain.
- How do you intend to use your Montessori training? How will your training further your professional goals?
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- Three signed letters of reference written with in the last three years. One must be a professional reference, while the other two maybe either professional, personal or academic
- Official transcripts from all post High School institutions. These are a necessary requirement of the American Montessori Society (AMS). Upon successful completion of Cambridge Montessori Institute Teacher Education Program, CMI will submit these transcripts along with a letter of recommendation to be certified.
- Non-Native Speakers of English are required to submit a TOEFL score greater that 550. If an applicant has other evidence of his or her English speaking skills, he or she may request in writing a waiver.
- Two photos–optional
**To help with the processing of your submissions, please use the following format in the subject line of your emails (Last name, First Name, topic of the email) for example: Wood, Amy–Resume attached.**
We encourage all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible.
Once all required documents have been received, the application will be reviewed by the CMI Administrative Coordinator and CMI Program Director. You will be contacted by phone or email to arrange for a personal interview at CMI. Applicants will then receive a letter from CMI stating whether or not they have been accepted into the program. Upon acceptance, a candidate reserves a place in the course with a non-refundable tuition deposit fee of $500.
We are looking forward to helping you become a certified Montessori educator.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact, Amy Wood, Administrative Coordinator for CMI at 617.492.3410 ext. 126 or email at email@example.com