Due to covid, we are not accepting applications at this Time.
Montessori Infant and Toddler Teacher Education Program
The first three years of life serve as a critical foundation for development. Cambridge Montessori Institute’s Infant and Toddler teacher education program provides comprehensive learning in Montessori philosophy and practice, child development, pedagogy, environmental design, program leadership, personal growth and development, and observation to give teachers the knowledge, skills, and confidence they will need to support infants, toddlers, and their families in a prepared classroom environment.
Core course components: Montessori Philosophy, Montessori Pedagogy, Environmental Design, and Child, Family, and Community
Foundational course components: Observation, Personal Growth & Development, Program Leadership
Other course components: Child Development
Helpful tips for submitting an application
CMI encourages all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible, as it can take several weeks for all of the paperwork to be processed before April 1st is ideal, as the application fee increases after that date, all applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
STEP 1: APPLY ONLINE: Past applicants have found it helpful to create a Word or Google doc to write in paragraph essays to answer the following questions. Applicants can use the copy-cut-and-paste to submit answers online when prompted.
- Why do you want to take this training course?
- What are your interest and skills? What specific qualifications do you bring to this work?
- Describe your experiences with children. Do you have any experience with children from birth to three years old? Please explain.
- How do you intend to use your Montessori training? How will your training further your professional goals?
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- Three signed letters of reference written in the last three years. One must be a professional reference, while the other two may be professional, personal, or academic.
- Official transcripts from all post-High School institutions. These are a requirement of the American Montessori Society (AMS). Upon successful completion of the Cambridge Montessori Institute Teacher Education Program (CMI) will submit these transcripts along with a letter of recommendation to be certified.
- Non-Native Speakers of English are required to submit a TOEFL score greater than 550. If an applicant has other evidence of his or her English speaking skills, he or she may request in writing a waiver.
- Two photos–optional
**To help with the processing of your submissions, please use the following format in the subject line of your emails (Last name, First Name, the topic of the email).
We encourage all applicants to submit the information as far in advance as possible.
Once all required documents have been received, the CMI Administrative Coordinator and CMI Program Director will review the application. You will be contacted by phone or email to arrange for a personal interview at CMI. Applicants will then receive a letter from CMI stating whether or not they have been accepted into the program. Upon acceptance, a candidate reserves a place in the course with a non-refundable tuition deposit fee of $500.
We are looking forward to helping you become a certified Montessori educator.
If you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact the office at 617.492.3410 x 126.